Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Saizen

Hello world! Introduction and test posts are never cool. So why don't we just jump in and start with an entry! Everything you need to know about this blog will be posted in the About page anyway. So as the eternal cliche goes: sit back, relax, and enjoy the chichacorn!

** ** **


After reading an entry by Chuvaness about Saizen, I knew, right then and there, with all my cheap-buy by the bulk heart, that I have to be there. So last Saturday, after doing some recon work (running some errands), my friend and I trooped to Saizen over at the 3rd level of Robinson's Galleria to get my Wasteland Fix.

I expected to blow more money than expected, seeing that I brought my half a month's salary with me (baaaaaad idea!), but I was resilient. I gave myself a 500-peso limit so as not to end up with a handful of useless stuff and a dented savings. I successfully did that (with the help of said friend) and only ended up 650 pesos poorer.

My Saizen loot, let me show them to you.



A clear umbrella, several notebooks and kawaii notepads, and a set of cute piggy clips!
My friend says they give away clear umbrellas in Japan, but we're not in Japan, so I bought one.


Which little piggy went to market?


I wasn't supposed to get more paper products, but the giraffe notepad is so cute!




A very polite notebook.
It says "This B5 size notebook is useful and convenient. Please enjoy recording or creating with this notebook".


Whenever I hold onto the words I utter, I hear them bursting into seeds.


I hear a lot of people compare Japan Home with Saizen. I say Saizen has the edge because they allow credit cash purchases, which is very convenient. Saizen has a lot of cute little trinkets that I really did not care much about, while Japan Home is great if you want to go in and out of a place without really getting distracted.

6 comments:

  1. wow great finds! had one of them clear umbrellas too, but they’re quite flimsy! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, these umbrellas are cute but flimsy. Mine got torn already on the way to the parking lot just after buying it. Haaay naku.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's really meant to be used outdoors, haha. But I heard the ones from Japan are sturdier and better. Know anyone going to Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there! have you tried to write on the notebook (the one with the gray cover)? how's the quality of the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sillygirlwaves I know someone! Now that is a bright idea. hehe *messaging her now to get those umbrellas*

    ReplyDelete
  6. @canon a590is. Not yet. But it looks (and feels) like your standard issue notebooks. Parang Merit lang ;)

    ReplyDelete