Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baluarte del Pozzino

Last Saturday was the annual summer outing of the family. By family, I mean my Inang (grandmother), parents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. All in all, there were 16 of us. The one-day swimming galore was spent at Baluarte del Pozzino in San Rafael, Bulacan. It was my mom who chose the resort (much to my dismay, as you will find out later) as it was near my Inang's place; it was probably just 10 minutes away. It is quite difficult for my mom to travel long distances, so finding a resort that was within the vicinity of my Inang's house was the utmost goal.

On the way to the resort

Here are some pics of the place.




There were 3 adult pools and 2 kiddie pools,
but
one of the adult pools was under maintenance when we were there.

The pools were ok. The cottages? They were ok too. But what really pissed me off was the terrible comfort rooms the resort has. There was just one ladies' room for the entire resort. It had only one sink with no mirror and two cubicles. The cubicle doors were chipping off and didn't have locks or knobs; you have to hang your clothes by the door so it won't just open and show you naked for all the world to see. Inside, there was a shower, an old plastic container used to store water (with an old empty cut plastic bottle for a dipper), and a toilet with no tank (thus, manual flushing is required, meaning you have go get water from the drum using the makeshift dipper). There were no trash bins, hangers, or hooks to hang your clothes with for when you're changing. Too bad I wasn't able to take pictures of the terrible ladies' room, but here are some pics to give you an idea.

The toilet looked much like this.


The makeshift dipper in the cubicle I used.


This reminded me of the much worse dipper in the other cubicle.

So you get an idea of just how disappointing it was? Anyway, despite the awful sight, I still enjoyed the day. Nothing beats spending an entire day frolicking in the pool, eating to my heart's content, and taking tons of pics with my family!

For more info on Baluarte del Pozzino, here are contact details:

Baluarte del Pozzino
F. Viola Hi-way, Caingin, San Rafael, Bulacan
0927-307-7543
Contact person: Lourdes del Poso

5 comments:

  1. The picture of the clouds looks really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate this post! Bulacan reminds me of Sam. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kasama nga namin si Sam eh. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, there! looks like the place is not frequented by many people. did you rent the whole place? nice to look at without other people (aside from your family) around haha.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how much is the entrance fee?

    ReplyDelete